This dramatic film portrays an African-American teen, Nicole, as she finds out that she has contracted a sexually transmitted disease (STD) by having unprotected sex during a one night stand. As the story progresses, we watch Nicole struggle to decide whether or not to abstain from sex or use condoms to protect herself from contracting STDs in the future. In the end, Nicole and her boyfriend choose to abstain from sex, while her best friend makes a choice to always practice safer sex by using condoms. Starring Adepero Oduye (Pariah, Fela! on Broadway).
- 2003 CINE Golden Eagle Award
- 2003 FREDDIE Award
- 2003 New York Festivals
- First Place 'Gold Camera Award,' 2004 US International Film & Video
- Bronze Award, 2004 Worldfest Houston
- Holly Harrington-Lux Award
- Gold Award for Video Curriculum Based Education in the Health Sciences Communications Association Media Festivals
- Elmer Friman "Best of Show" Award, Health Sciences Communication Association
American Library Association: Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) Selected DVDs and Videos for Young Adults
Adolescents in grades 7-12.